Daily tasks of a receptionist:
- Providing a warm welcome to residents and their visitors, both at the reception desk and on the phone
- Collaborating with other service departments to ensure the flow of information
- Performing the administrative tasks that help the residence run smoothly
- Group insurance (medication, paramedical expenses, travel insurance, telemedicine)
- Employee and family assistance program (EFAP)
- Tax-free savings account (TFSA)
- Special pricing for meals
What we offer:
Working as a receptionist in a Le Groupe Maurice residence means benefitting from flexible and adapted working hours to better enjoy your loved ones and a better work-life balance.
No two days are the same for receptionists in residence! The variety of tasks in this key role makes it the ideal choice for those who like new challenges every day.
Working closely with the operations and customer service teams means that you’ll build personal and enriching relationships by sharing a common goal: the happiness and well-being of residents.
Lasting, trusting relationships
You are a primary contact for residents and the first face people see when they enter the residence. This position is perfect if you are a great listener and problem-solver.